Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

[V4.0 all] Do your version also overwrite existing files with the "Save as", without warning, or second thougth's ?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All V4 users,

First, I'll suggest that we all start our subject lines with the version and module names to better identify what we are talking about.

I have my version 4.0 up running for 3 hours now, they have done a tremendous task there, still some small things to tweak but really, that will be fixed until we learn all the new variable names and tricks ;)

BUT:
have you too noticed that if you do a "File - Save as" and double click on any file, or just select an existing file: OFF it goes, without any second thoughts. That is a nasty one I do not like, BE WARNED, but else its great

I havent so far found any other sever "bug"; I have several suggestions I'll fire off to support, that is because I dream of spending 80% of my time studying the physics and the results, and less than 20% to set up and run rapidly my models, and not the other way around, but I'm sure these "nice to have" will come, as I have already found several implemented from my last tests and suggestion run. Thanks to the Comsol developers for that.

Other comments you have noticed, outside what Comsol has published in the release notes ?

Have fun Comsoling
Ivar

1 Reply Last Post 2010年5月14日 GMT-4 14:14

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年5月14日 GMT-4 14:14
confirmed on linux as well.
confirmed on linux as well.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.