Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

probe variable problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I defined a domain point probe (Temperature)and the model runs fine and I get a table of the temperature at specified times.
But if I try to define a variable with an expression that includes the probe variable and run the model I get an error message saying it does not recognize the probe variable. Is there some way to define an initial value for the probe variable? What am I doing wrong?

thanks for your help

David

2 Replies Last Post 2015年2月13日 GMT-5 05:04

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年2月12日 GMT-5 04:42
Hi

What do you try to probe? Whats is the unknown variable? Is there, say, a constant parameter which is not declared before running the simulation?

Lasse
Hi What do you try to probe? Whats is the unknown variable? Is there, say, a constant parameter which is not declared before running the simulation? Lasse

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年2月13日 GMT-5 05:04
OK thanks, I found the problem, I defined the variable in the Global variables instead of the modelvariables
OK thanks, I found the problem, I defined the variable in the Global variables instead of the modelvariables

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.