Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error - Failed to find a solution. Auxiliary space Maxwell Solver is only applicable for edge finite elements. Returned solution is not converged.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

When I tried to compute a study which including calculating the magnetic flux density norm after assigning a current density to a block of dimensions 200 microns, 3 microns and 0.00342 microns, I got this error - Failed to find a solution.
Auxiliary space Maxwell Solver is only applicable for edge finite elements.
Returned solution is not converged.
However, when I changed the length from 200 microns to 100 microns, the error got resolved. How can I compute the study with length 200 microns by resolving this error?

3 Replies Last Post 2017年8月4日 GMT-4 09:50
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Varsha Reddy

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年8月4日 GMT-4 02:05

have you got any solution for this
I am having the same error
if you can help please
thanks in advance
--
hsshah
have you got any solution for this I am having the same error if you can help please thanks in advance -- hsshah

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年8月4日 GMT-4 06:31
I am having the same error.plz answer
I am having the same error.plz answer

Walter Frei COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年8月4日 GMT-4 09:50
Hello,

This error message does indeed appear to be an unusual. To address this we would need to see the file in question.

There is, however, one apparent issue in your description. You have a geometry of 200 x 3 x 0.00342 um. The aspect ratio here is almost five orders of magnitude and whenever you have such extreme aspect ratios you should really look to making some kind of simplification or approximations. Either replace the domain condition with a boundary condition, or consider if you can reduce the problem to a 2D model. This is generally true, regardless of the physics that you're working with.

Best Regards,
Hello, This error message does indeed appear to be an unusual. To address this we would need to see the file in question. There is, however, one apparent issue in your description. You have a geometry of 200 x 3 x 0.00342 um. The aspect ratio here is almost five orders of magnitude and whenever you have such extreme aspect ratios you should really look to making some kind of simplification or approximations. Either replace the domain condition with a boundary condition, or consider if you can reduce the problem to a 2D model. This is generally true, regardless of the physics that you're working with. Best Regards,

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.