Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coupling two comsol files

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
Hope you got an answer for this.
I am thinking to create two models into different files for High concentrating photovoltaic (HCPV) and thermal energy storage system(TES). The idea of this is to build HCPV model(thermal and electrical coupling). The output of fluid temperature in this model will be the input of the other model(TES). The output of the TES which is the outlet fluid temperature will be the input for the first model (HCPV) and so on.
Is there any way to be done through COMSOL?

Thanks

3 Replies Last Post 2015年7月8日 GMT-4 03:07

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年7月7日 GMT-4 05:17
Can you not use the two physics in one model file? It might make things smooth for you.

Anyway, it might be possible using Matlab interface. Define a Matlab function in the model file that needs input from the other. The first model will call the matlab function to seek values of the variable and that matlab function will execute the other model in turn and provide results to the first.
Can you not use the two physics in one model file? It might make things smooth for you. Anyway, it might be possible using Matlab interface. Define a Matlab function in the model file that needs input from the other. The first model will call the matlab function to seek values of the variable and that matlab function will execute the other model in turn and provide results to the first.

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年7月7日 GMT-4 05:55

Can you not use the two physics in one model file? It might make things smooth for you.

Anyway, it might be possible using Matlab interface. Define a Matlab function in the model file that needs input from the other. The first model will call the matlab function to seek values of the variable and that matlab function will execute the other model in turn and provide results to the first.

Thank you for your reply.
I through that building such system in one model it will create a very complicated model to solve. I think I will use the matlab function to create an ambient temperature variable.

Please advice whether creating HCPV and TES system in model is a good idea or not?

[QUOTE] Can you not use the two physics in one model file? It might make things smooth for you. Anyway, it might be possible using Matlab interface. Define a Matlab function in the model file that needs input from the other. The first model will call the matlab function to seek values of the variable and that matlab function will execute the other model in turn and provide results to the first. [/QUOTE] Thank you for your reply. I through that building such system in one model it will create a very complicated model to solve. I think I will use the matlab function to create an ambient temperature variable. Please advice whether creating HCPV and TES system in model is a good idea or not?

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年7月8日 GMT-4 03:07
Adding multiple physics interfaces in one model should be the best approach. Comsol has been designed so as to facilitate those applications. I will suggest you to try out the matlab trick only if the former turns out too be difficult.

The rest I do not know much about.
Adding multiple physics interfaces in one model should be the best approach. Comsol has been designed so as to facilitate those applications. I will suggest you to try out the matlab trick only if the former turns out too be difficult. The rest I do not know much about.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.