Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

I need an assembly tutorials

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hallo freind

i need an assembly tutorial:
- importing or creating an assembly like a vehicle suspension system
- creating of DOF in contact surface
- meshing the model
- stress analysis
- animation of the dynamic behaviour of the vehicle suspension system

thank you in advance

3 Replies Last Post 2010年8月22日 GMT-4 13:56
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年8月20日 GMT-4 01:50
Hi

your methodoly is quite OK from my point of view, I would only add:

after importing the CAD model, group the items with a "union" or "composite" so that you define only contact surfaces, set the "finish" to assembly.

Note keep these "contact surfaces rather small, i.e if you have a large plate and the contact is potentially only in one corner, split the surface so the source and destination areas are roughly +/-2-3x the same size to keep the model simpler

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi your methodoly is quite OK from my point of view, I would only add: after importing the CAD model, group the items with a "union" or "composite" so that you define only contact surfaces, set the "finish" to assembly. Note keep these "contact surfaces rather small, i.e if you have a large plate and the contact is potentially only in one corner, split the surface so the source and destination areas are roughly +/-2-3x the same size to keep the model simpler -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年8月21日 GMT-4 15:17
thank you, i know that

my question is how to input the damper and the spring in the numérical model on comsol?

thanks in advance
thank you, i know that my question is how to input the damper and the spring in the numérical model on comsol? thanks in advance

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年8月22日 GMT-4 13:56
Hi

What about using a -k*(U1-U2) where k is the spring constant and U1, U2 the average displacement "u" or "v" or whatever adequate combination with the surface normal of the regions you link (via an integration coupling variable). For the damping it's something like -d*(Ut1-Ut2) pls check carefully the signs (I might have them wring. Here Ut1, Ut2 are the average (via integration coupling variables) of ut or "vt" or whatever ...

Basically it's writing out the physics, no ? That's all what COMSOL is about (for me;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi What about using a -k*(U1-U2) where k is the spring constant and U1, U2 the average displacement "u" or "v" or whatever adequate combination with the surface normal of the regions you link (via an integration coupling variable). For the damping it's something like -d*(Ut1-Ut2) pls check carefully the signs (I might have them wring. Here Ut1, Ut2 are the average (via integration coupling variables) of ut or "vt" or whatever ... Basically it's writing out the physics, no ? That's all what COMSOL is about (for me;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.