Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulation of natural convection in a 2-D rectangular enclosure with sinusoidal temperature distributions on side walls (figure provided ).

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All
I have successfully validated many enclosures by COMSOL using a linear heating source(i.e. Th) on enclosure walls. Recently I am facing a problem with Simulation of natural convection in a 2-D rectangular enclosure with sinusoidal temperature distributions on side walls ( Paper SOURCE and figure provided ).
The problem states left and right vertical side walls have been imposed two sinusoidally varying temperature distributions according to the space coordinate as follows( as given in figure).
t(y)= t0 + Al (sin 2piy/H)  at x = 0
and
t(y)= t0 + Ar (sin 2piy/H +Phi)  at x =L
where H = height of Enclosure and L =length of Enclosure and where the reference=mean temperatures of the sinusoidal temperature profiles on the left and right side walls are the same as t0, but the amplitude and phase of the sinusoidal profiles are, respectively, Al and 0, and Ar and Phi .
How is it possible to choose all these parameters together by varying lengths of Right or left walls.
Thanks in advance.

0 Replies Last Post 2016年5月24日 GMT-4 15:15
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shantanu Datta

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.