Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Anisotropy material and Silicon waveguide in 2D mode analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
I want to simulate a magneto-optical material(Ce:YIG)in silicon waveguide with 2D mode anlysis.But all I have is the permittivity tensor(3*3 matrix) of the anisotropy material(Ce:YIG).If I change the constitutive equation from index to permittivity,the conductivity and μ is unkown.
So,how to set the material with perimittivity tensor(anisotropy) in the constitutive equation of index?Is there a transformation from perimittivity tensor to index tensor?
No matter how I try,can't get the right mode profile that is compare to paper.

Best,
G

0 Replies Last Post 2016年11月4日 GMT-4 10:43
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Zhenzhao G

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.