Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Add microwave source to microstrip antena

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello

I have a very easy model of microstrip antena (prntscr of model is attached) that i d like testing but i failed on add microwave port on it. I try add Lumped port (in real we have omega shape anthena where is microwave added by coaxial, but i d like make it very easy - input power is 1W).
But there is error

Uniform lumped port should be placed between two conductive boundaries.
- Feature: Type: Lumped Port
Tag: lport1
Operation: LumpedPort (lport1

Can you help me please?
Thanks

1 Reply Last Post 2017年5月12日 GMT-4 11:13

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年5月12日 GMT-4 11:13
Hi,
the lumped port should be between two perfect electric conductors, right click on EM frequency domain and choose perfect electric conductor boundary condition, choose 2 boundaries and the lumped port should be between them.

Best regards.
Hi, the lumped port should be between two perfect electric conductors, right click on EM frequency domain and choose perfect electric conductor boundary condition, choose 2 boundaries and the lumped port should be between them. Best regards.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.