Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Appropiate meshing for a geometry

Gustavo Camilo Pedrozo

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi fellows, i'm currently working in an analysis of a human jaw, however i have got several doubts, some of them are those:
1- I have read that for some 3D constructions it's better remove any operations like rounding etc, now for the jaw, it have a lot of irregular surfaces, that could be a problem?
2-How can i use an adaptive mesh or where can i find the option in the comsol program? It is different for the 5.2a that the 5.3?

And like an additional ask, somebody knows where can i find the mechanical characteristics of the human raw or human bones, all that is for academical use and is too for independet study.
Pd: Please excuse if i have written something wrong or if i have use one or several words in a bad way, i'm still a newcomer to the english envyroment and the comsol use.
Thanks, i'm hoping for your answers.

0 Replies Last Post 2017年8月28日 GMT-4 23:41
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Gustavo Camilo Pedrozo

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.