Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with partition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone! I have created an stl file from a voronoi tesselation with 10 nodes. I have two problems with it.

The first one is that, as you can see when importing the geometry in comsol, most of the lines are curves when they should be straight. I guess that this a resolution issue, because when I plot it in Matlab is correct.

The second one, which is the really important, is with partition. I need to create a block 1x1x1 and delete everything which is outside of it. I've tried with partition objects but it doesn't work. Anybody knows something about this?

Regards, Alfonso

1 Reply Last Post 2019年9月26日 GMT-4 08:02
Björn Bragée COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 2019年9月26日 GMT-4 08:02
Updated: 5 years ago 2019年9月26日 GMT-4 08:07

Hello Alfonso,

I played around with the settings in the mesh import part (under Mesh Part 1). I raised the relative tolerance to 0.001 and reduced the maximum face and edge neighbor angles by 20 deg each and now it works at least.

You can read more about importing stl files here https://www.comsol.com/blogs/improved-functionality-and-tips-for-importing-stl-and-nastran-files/

Hello Alfonso, I played around with the settings in the mesh import part (under Mesh Part 1). I raised the relative tolerance to 0.001 and reduced the maximum face and edge neighbor angles by 20 deg each and now it works at least. You can read more about importing stl files here https://www.comsol.com/blogs/improved-functionality-and-tips-for-importing-stl-and-nastran-files/

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.