Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using results or a previous simulation as initial condition and change loads.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am running several static structural simulations of PET fixed-fixed beam and pre-compressed at its ends.

First of all, I have solved the initial pre-compression at the first step.
Then, I want to use the results of this analysis I have saved, to run several static stepped simulations (in the same way as www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/25586/ ) in which I have to change the conditions (I have to add a prescribed displacement from the resulting point of the previous analysis).

How can I use the solution of the previous solution as initial values? How can I change the conditions, taking into account the previous solution?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards.

Gaetano

4 Replies Last Post 2012年2月27日 GMT-5 11:23
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年2月13日 GMT-5 06:13
Hi

Check the settings of the "Derived Varibles" sub-node under the Solver nodes

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Check the settings of the "Derived Varibles" sub-node under the Solver nodes -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年2月27日 GMT-5 09:31
Thank you for your reply.

I didn't find any subnode named "Derived Variables" under the Solver node.

If it could be helpful, I have uploaded the model to be used as starting point for my static stepped simulations at this link: www.zshare.net/download/991656753397dd7d/ (the file of 5.4 MB seems too large to be uploaded here).

Thank you in advance.
Thank you for your reply. I didn't find any subnode named "Derived Variables" under the Solver node. If it could be helpful, I have uploaded the model to be used as starting point for my static stepped simulations at this link: http://www.zshare.net/download/991656753397dd7d/ (the file of 5.4 MB seems too large to be uploaded here). Thank you in advance.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年2月27日 GMT-5 10:27
Hello

you are perfectly correct, my fault I meant "Dependent Variables #" subnode

Normally ypou should EDIT Clear all Solutions Edit Clear all Mesh, File Reset Model before uploading then the model is small and "clean"

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hello you are perfectly correct, my fault I meant "Dependent Variables #" subnode Normally ypou should EDIT Clear all Solutions Edit Clear all Mesh, File Reset Model before uploading then the model is small and "clean" -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年2月27日 GMT-5 11:23
Thank you for your help.

What should I set on "Dependent Variables #" subnode in order to set as starting point the results of the previous simulation (the file I have submitted) and to apply a stepped prescribed displacement?
Thank you for your help. What should I set on "Dependent Variables #" subnode in order to set as starting point the results of the previous simulation (the file I have submitted) and to apply a stepped prescribed displacement?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.