Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

no change in postprocessing coordinates

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I use Comsol Multiphysics with Matlab. Now I'd like to obtain the postprocessing coordinates, but I have some problems:

I tried:
coord = postcoord(fem,'edim',1,'grid',3,'dl',bnd2);
where bnd2 contains all the 120 boundarys I'd like to have the data from. If I plot the obtained coordinates there are huge distances between the single points and it seems as if the coordinates are just from the half geometry.

Morover, if I want to obtain coordinates from bnd1 (which are also 120 boundarys) - I model anterior and posterior surfaces - than I get the same coordinates as for bnd2.

And last but no least, if I change a parameter e.g.
fem.appl{1}.equ.E={'1.5e6'};
and after apply
fem.xmesh = meshextend(fem);
fem.sol = femstatic(fem);
then the coordinates are still the same. (I changed E from 2.0e11 to 1.5e6. That should cause a big change.)

Please, if you have any hint or tip for me so let me know.
I am new here and would be very grateful for your help.

1 Reply Last Post 2010年1月31日 GMT-5 12:41
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年1月31日 GMT-5 12:41
Hi

I have understood that the "postcoord" gives you the geemtry and mesh coordinates and not the deformed results (except in case of moving mesh - ALE and frames, when you specify them).

Should'nt you use the "postinterp" instead to access the solution and not the initial conditions ?
have a look again at "command.pdf"

Good luck
Ivar
Hi I have understood that the "postcoord" gives you the geemtry and mesh coordinates and not the deformed results (except in case of moving mesh - ALE and frames, when you specify them). Should'nt you use the "postinterp" instead to access the solution and not the initial conditions ? have a look again at "command.pdf" Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.