Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Melting point in 1D heat transfer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to determine the melting depth in my material as a result of my heat source.

The result I aim to obtain from COMSOL is of this plot.

Can someone give me an idea on how to obtain it?

Thanks.

5 Replies Last Post 2021年11月8日 GMT-5 03:20
Amin Kazemi Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Toronto

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年10月30日 GMT-4 11:20

Oluwasogo, I recommend you have a look at the Tin Melting Front model: https://www.comsol.com/model/tin-melting-front-6234

Oluwasogo, I recommend you have a look at the Tin Melting Front model: https://www.comsol.com/model/tin-melting-front-6234

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年11月4日 GMT-4 06:25

Dear Amin, Thank you for the response. I will check it out.

Dear Amin, Thank you for the response. I will check it out.

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年11月5日 GMT-4 16:02

Dear Amin,

I have checked it out. Is there a mathematical expression to call out the melt depth in the result section?

Dear Amin, I have checked it out. Is there a mathematical expression to call out the melt depth in the result section?

Amin Kazemi Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Toronto

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年11月5日 GMT-4 17:49

Dear Amin,

I have checked it out. Is there a mathematical expression to call out the melt depth in the result section?

You may try integrating a function which is 1 in the liquid and 0 in the solid. Let Tm be the melting point. Then the function is:

if(T<Tm,0,1)

and the liquid depth is:

intop1(if(T<Tm,0,1))

>Dear Amin, > >I have checked it out. Is there a mathematical expression to call out the melt depth in the result section? You may try integrating a function which is 1 in the liquid and 0 in the solid. Let Tm be the melting point. Then the function is: if(T

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年11月8日 GMT-5 03:20
Updated: 3 years ago 2021年11月8日 GMT-5 03:20

Dear Amin,

Thank you for the response. I will try it out.

Dear Amin, Thank you for the response. I will try it out.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.