Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to set a geometry as a perfect conductor in the electrostatics package?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

I am new to comsol and finite element simulations, so please be gentle. I am trying to model electrostatic fields at the surface of some field emitters that have cylindrical geometries. I need to model them as perfect conductors, but I do not see the option for perfect conductor in the electrostatics or electrostatics and boundary elements package, only in the RF module do I see it available. Any advice on how to set my field emitters as perfect conductors?

Thank you, Connor

1 Reply Last Post 2023年1月31日 GMT-5 09:27
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 year ago 2023年1月31日 GMT-5 09:27

Hello Connor,

My post in this thread may help.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Connor, My post in [this thread](https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/294721/random-motion-of-a-sphere-in-3d-space?last=2021-08-11T14:51:48Z) may help. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.