Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Gaussian heat pulse at random points on surface

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I need to know how to select random points in 2D space on surface and apply the gaussian heat flux after every time step. Can anyone please guide me with this.

Best regards Shahid Ali

2 Replies Last Post 2023年3月4日 GMT-5 20:55
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 year ago 2023年2月28日 GMT-5 14:15
Updated: 1 year ago 2023年3月1日 GMT-5 10:22

Hello Shahid,

The following blog posts should be helpful:

1/ on applying gaussian heat profiles: see this blog post

2/ on creating a randomized geometry using model methods (You may want to use this approach to randomly distribute patches on which the Gaussian distributions apply): see this other blog post

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Shahid, The following blog posts should be helpful: 1/ on applying gaussian heat profiles: see [this blog post](https://www.comsol.com/blogs/modeling-the-pulsed-laser-heating-of-semitransparent-materials/) 2/ on creating a randomized geometry using model methods (You may want to use this approach to randomly distribute patches on which the Gaussian distributions apply): see [this other blog post](https://www.comsol.com/blogs/how-to-create-a-randomized-geometry-using-model-methods/) Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 1 year ago 2023年3月4日 GMT-5 20:55
Updated: 1 year ago 2023年3月4日 GMT-5 20:56

Hi

Thankyou Jeff, I've seen these blogs they're quite helpful tho but they are about creating a random geaometrt. Is there any possibility to link a randomized function from MATLAB that it can operate the position of heat flux on the surface.

Thankyou Shahid Ali

Hi Thankyou Jeff, I've seen these blogs they're quite helpful tho but they are about creating a random geaometrt. Is there any possibility to link a randomized function from MATLAB that it can operate the position of heat flux on the surface. Thankyou Shahid Ali

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.