Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Viscoplasticity: stationary and transient modeling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!

I am trying to work on a model that has both viscoplasticity (Anand model from the Nonlinear Structural Materials Module) and contact. First, it seems like I'm having penetration. A stationary parametric model seems to be more appropriate to model contact. However, when I try to run it with viscoplasticity, there is an error that states:
"There are xx void equations for the variable mod1.solid.ece..." This variable is called effective creep strain. Do I need to have initial stress/strain in order to run it? How do I implement it?
Or, is it better to insist on the transient study and work on solving the contact issues?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

1 Reply Last Post 2013年8月9日 GMT-4 17:21
Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年8月9日 GMT-4 17:21
Hi Sylvana,
See my response on the “Impact of 2 Spheres” discussion thread: www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/30262/
Hi Sylvana, See my response on the “Impact of 2 Spheres” discussion thread: http://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/30262/

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.