Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to set logical conditions in boundary conditions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have a 2-D diffusion problem. Actually it is about drying. In the fick's law I use moisture content (kg h2o/kg d.m.) instead of concentration (mol/m3) as defined in Comsol.

At the boundary conditions, I also use a different term: I use the concentration difference between surface and drying air as driving force. But, here the surface concentration is defined in (kg/m3) converted from the moisture content. In principle, with the boundary conditions, the process will final reach an equlibirum with the surrounding air conditions.

But now the problem is the process never stoped...there could be some point that the surface concentration will be equal to the air concentration but in my system, after reaching the equilibrium the process still continued...so I could get some minus values...

I am wondering maybe this problem is caused by the changed boundary conditons? Because I defiened a diffferent term for the boudary flux...

I am thinking maybe one of the solutions could be to set a logical conditions to the boundary conditions. For example, 'if the surface concentration equals to the air concentration then the value for surface concentration will remian the same for the rest running time?'

Is there anyone knows how to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot!

Xin

0 Replies Last Post 2010年3月16日 GMT-4 16:00
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Xin Jin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.