Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

input frequency for electrostatic modeling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi guys,

i am currently working on simulation in electrostatic model. I want to simulate the electric field distribution across my electrode for a given AC input. I am using comsol 4.2 electrostatic model. I have only the voltage input option available in stationary study and i am not able to give the frequency input. i tried using frequency domain study but it asks for series of frequency and not discrete frequency value. can any one help me in solving this issue?

3 Replies Last Post 2013年11月7日 GMT-5 05:26
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年11月6日 GMT-5 04:21

Sekar,

you can always enter one or more discrete values or a range in a frequency domain study. But what would the rationale for frequency domain study in electrostatics be? As the name says. It is static.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Sekar, you can always enter one or more discrete values or a range in a frequency domain study. But what would the rationale for frequency domain study in electrostatics be? As the name says. It is static. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年11月7日 GMT-5 01:42
Dear Edgar,

I tried it. the issue is that, when i use just frequency domain and input frequency, the result is just blank, means no output is seen. but when i use the stationary model, then i can get the results.

my aim is to find the electricfield distribution across the rectangular domain when i input voltage and frequency to my electrodes. can you suggest any other model which can solve this purpose?

regards
hari
Dear Edgar, I tried it. the issue is that, when i use just frequency domain and input frequency, the result is just blank, means no output is seen. but when i use the stationary model, then i can get the results. my aim is to find the electricfield distribution across the rectangular domain when i input voltage and frequency to my electrodes. can you suggest any other model which can solve this purpose? regards hari

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年11月7日 GMT-5 05:26

Hari,

so it comes back to the question what the point of a frequency domain study in electrostatics could be?
Maybe you can explain that.
In my opinion it cannot provide more information than a stationary study. Or do you have any non-linear (field-dependent) materials in the model?

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Hari, so it comes back to the question what the point of a frequency domain study in electrostatics could be? Maybe you can explain that. In my opinion it cannot provide more information than a stationary study. Or do you have any non-linear (field-dependent) materials in the model? Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.