Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Exporting Far-field Polar plots data

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I would like to export the Far-Field Polar plots data. When I tried to export , I cant plot similar to Polar plots in COMSOL.

Any suggestions. It will be really helpful.

Thank you.

5 Replies Last Post 2017年2月22日 GMT-5 19:38
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年12月27日 GMT-5 02:37

I would like to export the Far-Field Polar plots data. When I tried to export , I cant plot similar to Polar plots in COMSOL.

Can you be more specific about what doesn't work, e.g., by providing a model where the export doesn't behave the way you want it to?

[QUOTE] I would like to export the Far-Field Polar plots data. When I tried to export , I cant plot similar to Polar plots in COMSOL. [/QUOTE] Can you be more specific about what doesn't work, e.g., by providing a model where the export doesn't behave the way you want it to?

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年12月27日 GMT-5 06:46

Can you be more specific about what doesn't work, e.g., by providing a model where the export doesn't behave the way you want it to?

Dear Gunnar Andersson

Herewith I had attached the model. You can see the Polar-plot in COSMOL. When i tried to export and plot in origin, I cant obtain the same plot when I tried to Polar plot in Origin program.

I would like to know how we can plot like the same in COMSOL graphics.

Thank you.

(attachments - model, COMSOL plot, Origin Plot)
[QUOTE] [QUOTE] I would like to export the Far-Field Polar plots data. When I tried to export , I cant plot similar to Polar plots in COMSOL. [/QUOTE] Can you be more specific about what doesn't work, e.g., by providing a model where the export doesn't behave the way you want it to? [/QUOTE] Dear Gunnar Andersson Herewith I had attached the model. You can see the Polar-plot in COSMOL. When i tried to export and plot in origin, I cant obtain the same plot when I tried to Polar plot in Origin program. I would like to know how we can plot like the same in COMSOL graphics. Thank you. (attachments - model, COMSOL plot, Origin Plot)

Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年12月27日 GMT-5 06:50
The angles in the exported plot data are in radians, not degrees. If you adjust for this in the external program where you create the plot, then you should be able to get the plot that you want.
The angles in the exported plot data are in radians, not degrees. If you adjust for this in the external program where you create the plot, then you should be able to get the plot that you want.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年12月27日 GMT-5 07:28

Dear Gunnar Andersson

Thank you. I got it now. Successfully plotted in origin program after converting radians to degrees.
[QUOTE] The angles in the exported plot data are in radians, not degrees. If you adjust for this in the external program where you create the plot, then you should be able to get the plot that you want. [/QUOTE] Dear Gunnar Andersson Thank you. I got it now. Successfully plotted in origin program after converting radians to degrees.

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年2月22日 GMT-5 19:38
This is a couple of years after the fact, and probably a silly question, but for the life of me I can't work out how to export the data from a far-field 2D polar plot.

When I do, it just exports the 3D far field data. All I want to do is make my own polar plot in matlab (I don't have access to livelink) so I can combine several polar plots, and I think they look better in Matlab than what COMSOL outputs.

I'm using 5.2a. Can you tell me how you did it?

Cheers
This is a couple of years after the fact, and probably a silly question, but for the life of me I can't work out how to export the data from a far-field 2D polar plot. When I do, it just exports the 3D far field data. All I want to do is make my own polar plot in matlab (I don't have access to livelink) so I can combine several polar plots, and I think they look better in Matlab than what COMSOL outputs. I'm using 5.2a. Can you tell me how you did it? Cheers

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.