Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Use of dependent variables and their derivatives in a custom equation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have a system that uses two EC physics modules. Dependent variables of the two EC modules are "Vint" and "V". Inside one EC module I have a 'Normal Current Density' boundary condition where the equation is, -n.J = J_n. For J_n I want to use the variable "i", where,
i = i1 + i2 ;
i1 = Vint - V ;
i2 = Vint' - V' ; where Vint' and V' are first order time derivatives of the dependent variables Vint and V respectively.

How do I use these equations and set J_n for the 'Normal Current Density' boundary condition.

0 Replies Last Post 2015年8月13日 GMT-4 14:00
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Saliya Kumara

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.