Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Initial condition during simulation corrosion process

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear comsol users,

I am using the Tertiary current distribution of corrosion module to simulate the pitting corrosion process. I found that the initial values of the Electrolyte potential (phil) and Electric potential (phis) had great effects on the convergence of calculation.

If I set the Eeq, phil and phis 0, the model converged very quickly. However, when I set the Eeq for my anode reaction with a specific value, and left the phil and phis with 0, the model could't converge.
My question is how should I set the initial value of phil and phis?

Thank you very much!
Regards
Zhe

0 Replies Last Post 2015年12月18日 GMT-5 16:31
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Zhe Zhang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.