Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Attraction force between 2 magnets NdFeB

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am a beginner on Comsol and I would like to calculate the magnetic forces between 2 magnets made of PDMS+NdFeB. My magnets are 2 half capsule separated by a distance d (in real they are linked with a flexible hinge). Attached you will find a file showing the principle.

I am very not sure if I have adopted the right approach so I ask for your help. I join my mph file too.

First, on Comsol (v5.2a) I used AC/DC module, magnetic field no current and I made the geometry.
I created my materials and I added a BH curve for the NdFeB material to use it for the Magnetic Flux Conservation 2. Here, is it correct to leave the magnetic flux density norm equals to mu0*normH?
Then, I created a Magnetic Flux Conservation 3 in order to have magnetization (if not, my forces were null). And finally I created a force calculation, in order to have the force on the bottom part for ex.
For the mesh I used a Tetrahedral one.

Is my approach correct?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

0 Replies Last Post 2016年8月4日 GMT-4 06:42
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Aurélie Leroux

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.