Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Loop antenna

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi I want to simulate a simple loop antenna which is made of copper. In this case I modelled a torus (360 deg), but I don't have any idea how to excite it. When I try adding port only errors occur. I will be grateful for any help.

4 Replies Last Post 2018年2月2日 GMT-5 07:35
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年1月27日 GMT-5 23:54

Cut a thin piece out of the loop and put a lumped element port there, with the direction of the imposed current (or voltage) from one side of the cut to the other. The "height" is the length of your cut segment, the "width" is 2* pi*r, where r is the small radius (i.e., of the wire, not of the overall loop).

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Cut a thin piece out of the loop and put a lumped element port there, with the direction of the imposed current (or voltage) from one side of the cut to the other. The "height" is the length of your cut segment, the "width" is 2* pi*r, where r is the small radius (i.e., of the wire, not of the overall loop).

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年1月28日 GMT-5 13:07

Could you please show me how to do that? I am trying but the effect is disappointing.

Could you please show me how to do that? I am trying but the effect is disappointing.

Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年1月30日 GMT-5 00:04

I encourage you to post your file to this forum. Then, I or others can look at it and one of us may tell you what is wrong.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
I encourage you to post your file to this forum. Then, I or others can look at it and one of us may tell you what is wrong.

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年2月2日 GMT-5 07:35

Hi

I have the similar issue. I've modelled a loop antenna and when I excite it with lumped port, I receive different S11 result in comparison to CST. Both works at the same frequency but in COMSOL I see mismatch in my design. in CST: @ 2.4 GHz ---> S11=-30 dB In COMSOL: @ 2.4 GHz ---> S11=-15 dB

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Hi I have the similar issue. I've modelled a loop antenna and when I excite it with lumped port, I receive different S11 result in comparison to CST. Both works at the same frequency but in COMSOL I see mismatch in my design. in CST: @ 2.4 GHz ---> S11=-30 dB In COMSOL: @ 2.4 GHz ---> S11=-15 dB Can anyone help me? Thanks

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.