Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Absorbance of rough surface interacting with Gaussian beam.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Greetings, I am interested in modeling the interaction of a rough surface with a Gaussian laser beam, looking in particular to find a value for the absorbance of the surface when interacting with a 532 nm laser.

I am currently studying this model file, which seems to be very close to my end goal. However, this model uses a plane wave instead of a Gaussian beam.

I believe that to replace the plane wave with a Gaussian beam I have to use a rectangular port instead of a periodic one (is this correct?). If this is the case, should I also modify the periodic conditions (since Floquet periodicity would no longer be appropriate for the model)?

Thanks in advance for any help!

0 Replies Last Post 2021年2月17日 GMT-5 11:56
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sofoklis N.

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.