How to Obtain a 2D Projection Averaging Concentration Along the Z Axis?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on a simulation involving the mixing of two products within a microfluidic chip using COMSOL Multiphysics. I have successfully completed the simulation, but now I'm trying to generate a 2D projection of the average concentration in the XY plane by averaging values along the Z axis. This way, I can directly compare the simulated results with my experimental data.

• The Challenges I'm Facing: I have tried using the Results section and the various Data Sets options, but I couldn't find a straightforward way to average the concentration data along the Z direction. I'm not sure how to set up a custom 2D Plot Group that can represent the average concentration.
  • What I'm Looking For: A method to generate a 2D plot that shows the average concentration values in the XY plane, averaged along the Z direction. Suggestions or advice on how to export these results in a format that can be compared with my experimental data. I'd greatly appreciate any insights or recommendations you could provide to help me visualize and export this 2D projection properly.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards, Francesc

1 Reply Last Post 2024年5月9日 GMT-4 08:50
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 weeks ago 2024年5月9日 GMT-4 08:50

Hello Francesc,

This sounds like a job for a nonlocal coupling operator, of the projection type. Please refer to the Reference Manual for COMSOL Multiphysics version 6.2, page 391 and following.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Francesc, This sounds like a job for a nonlocal coupling operator, of the projection type. Please refer to the Reference Manual for COMSOL Multiphysics version 6.2, page 391 and following. Best, Jeff

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.