Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Upwinding, streamline diffusion, and crosswind diffusion...

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I posted a longer version of this a couple of weeks ago, but will post a simplified version of it again. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can anyone point me to a general discussion, complete with a detailed description, of upwinding, streamline and cross wind diffusion and how they are implemented using the COMSOL functions? I'm not interested in just the code, but a detailed derivation and rationale for why the code is written as it is. ... I finally figured out how to manually convert the PDE (strong) form to weak form, but functions like test(), up(), down() ,and parameters like dnx, udy, etc. are not clearly described in COMSOL documention...

Any info anyone has on this would be greatly appreciated. Thx.

0 Replies Last Post 2010年2月24日 GMT-5 13:52
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Davis Sentman

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.