Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Natural convection coefficient

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I am a new user of Comsol and I am currently running a simulation using convective cooling-external natural convection.
Does anyone know what value of heat transfer coefficient h [W/m^2/Κ] Comsol is using for this application?

Thank you in advance,
Michalis L.

4 Replies Last Post 2015年11月2日 GMT-5 06:21

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年11月2日 GMT-5 05:04
It depends on the materials. If you google "heat transfer coefficient" you will find a wide selection of values.

BR
Lasse
It depends on the materials. If you google "heat transfer coefficient" you will find a wide selection of values. BR Lasse

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年11月2日 GMT-5 05:09
Mr.Murtomäki many thanks for your responce,

I forgot to mention that I am looking for the h that Comsol uses for Air in external natural convection.

Thanks,
Michalis
Mr.Murtomäki many thanks for your responce, I forgot to mention that I am looking for the h that Comsol uses for Air in external natural convection. Thanks, Michalis

Hinrich Arnoldt COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年11月2日 GMT-5 05:53
Dear Michalis,

the formula for the heat transfer coefficient is documented in the Heat Transfer Module User's Guide pages 67-75.

Kind regards
Hinrich Arnoldt
Dear Michalis, the formula for the heat transfer coefficient is documented in the Heat Transfer Module User's Guide pages 67-75. Kind regards Hinrich Arnoldt

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年11月2日 GMT-5 06:21
Dear Hinrich,

Thank you very much for your reply
Dear Hinrich, Thank you very much for your reply

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.