Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Looking for a method to model a transient DC current

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am going to model a transient DC as shown in the attached picture. Please find the attached picture and have a look.

As you can see it rises from 0 to 200kA and then drops to 80kA and finally remains steady at 80. I am interested in magnetic field excited by such current. I am aware of functions such as step or ramp function , but I still could not find any appropriate way to represent a polyline in COMSOL Multiphysics. Any idea on how to model this?

Also, once a current is modelled by a function, does COMSOL automatically take skin effect introduced by this rapid rate of change into account?

Thank you for your attention and patience.

Kind regards
Junjie Tu

0 Replies Last Post 2015年12月6日 GMT-5 17:52
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Junjie Tu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.