Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plot a formula

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to do simulation of resistivity changing versus deflection of a membrane. the membrane is subject to an
input pressure from range 0 to 100[kPa]. I simulate the model parametric and during the plot of any function same as resistivity, I need the value of that function in the first point of range to some calculation. How I can do this, I mean how I can do this by writting a furmolla
for example
Pressure range: (0, 10, 100) "(first point, step, end point)"
Function: V "Voltage"
I want to plot this formula:
(V-V(First point))/V(first point)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply Last Post 2013年3月28日 GMT-4 16:44
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月28日 GMT-4 16:44
Hi

you need a combined approach, you define a "Point integration" on a single point, where you want to read your voltage (note that the integration over a "single point" is "just the value of this point. Then you can define a moel Definitions Variables V(first point) == myVar = intop1(V)

then you need to update your solution, or resolve, then you can use the variables just defined, in a Results derived variables ...

but to be sure to do it correctly, pls add the spatial dependences V(x,y,z) and then select the appropriate entities to average or integrate over to make the fields into global scalars
--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you need a combined approach, you define a "Point integration" on a single point, where you want to read your voltage (note that the integration over a "single point" is "just the value of this point. Then you can define a moel Definitions Variables V(first point) == myVar = intop1(V) then you need to update your solution, or resolve, then you can use the variables just defined, in a Results derived variables ... but to be sure to do it correctly, pls add the spatial dependences V(x,y,z) and then select the appropriate entities to average or integrate over to make the fields into global scalars -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.